Recent months have seen significant updates to health and safety legislation across Ireland and the United Kingdom. Fortunately for our clients, we have compressed this information into handy online links. Be sure to keep up to date with changes in the law by following Fiontar – your leading health & safety consultant.
Calculating the hidden costs of safety
- This website is packed with very useful information for when safety and procurement teams collide. Visit the site and stay informed.
Dial Before You Dig Online
- Gas Networks Ireland has launched a new online version of its Dial Before You Dig mapping service. Find out more here.
Up to 92,000 boom-era apartments may have defects
- The Irish Times reports on building defects, (including fire safety issues) heard by an Oireachtas committee recently.
New drug driving laws introduced in Scotland
- Particularly pertinent to drivers going over on the ferry. Find out more here.
The troubling realities of forklift operations today
- This report by Mentor FLT Training offers simple, effective solutions to help businesses reduce risk and ensure safe, productive and profitable sites. Find out more about Forklift Safety Month here.
Code of Practice for Employers and Employees on the Management of Bullying
- On 1st November, HSA publishes a draft Code of Practice for Employers and Employees on the Management of Bullying at Work. Find out more here.
Fiontar Group are leaders in health & safety consultancy, with premises across Northern Ireland, the Republic of Ireland and the wider United Kingdom. To find out more about our services and crucial updates to health & safety legislation, get in touch with the team today.